Today I am sharing a card I made with one of the images you receive when you donate to the "Help for Katie" fund headed up by Jak Heath. Katie is a fellow stamper with three young children who has been diagnosed with stage 4 stomach cancer and the stamping community has come together to raise funds to help her and her family during this time. There were tons of images donated by wonderful companies and a great package was given out to anyone who donated. Now, Jak is holding a "thank you" challenge, and we are all invited to share a card we made with one of the images. I chose this cute little guy from Sassy Cheryl. I colored him with Copics. My sentiment is from My Sentiments Exactly. The sketch I used was from CDASC17, but unfortunately I didn't use the freebie image you had to use to enter this challenge, so .... I won't link it. My base is SU! Marina Mist and my designer paper is BasicGrey Marjolaine. I added 3 brads from my stash. I kept this one simple... I need birthday and get well cards for the Church, so this was made for that.
I am entering this in the following challenges:
Claudia & Co - About a boy
Flourishes - Three pattern papers
My Time To Craft - circles (hard to see but the large dp is large circles, the small is dotted and the pattern on his clothes are circles as well)
Karber Weekly - DIGI STAMP and Birthday
Catered Crop - Recipe challenge: I chose Pattern paper with repeating patterns, Copic Markers with Black ink and Brads for embellishments.
Creative Inspirations Paint - Keep it Sweet and Simple
Stampin Vacation - No No flowers
Little Claire's - Anything Goes
Annabelle Stamps - say it with polka dots
Simply Create - bold & bright
Stampin With The Dragon - anything goes
The Outlawz Copic Challenge - Copic Markers- shading & highlighting
Samuel Taylor's Challenge - use Copic or Promarkers - a monthly challenge where anything goes as long as you use these markers.
Now on to another subject.... Beautiful Blog Awards from sweet friends!
I need to get caught up with some wonderful awards that have been given to me! The first award was from a dear friend Carla Suto and it is this lovely Beautiful Blog Award. I have the great joy of having met Carla in person several times and we have a date set aside in March to meet again, so I'm looking forward to that! She is every bit as sweet and fun as she is creative and talented! Here are the rules of acceptance of this award:
Right-click on the award and save it to your computer to add to your blog.
- Choose FIVE (5) worthy recipients and list them. Next to their blog name, give ONE reason why you think their blog is special. What catches your eye about them? What do you love?
- On your blog page, list 5 things about yourself. Include at least one thing you enjoy about your craft.
For this award, I am to list 8 things you probably don't know about me and pass this on to 8 other lovely ladies. I realize that not everyone is comfortable posting personal information on their blogs and understand if those I pass this on to choose not to list something we might not know about them, but I hope they will know that I sent this because I enjoy their blogs because they inspire me with all the great work they do.
So... I'm going to pull a no no here and combine these awards.... because I don't know if I can come up with 13 "new" things about myself to share, so by sharing the 8... I hope that will be sufficient! LOL!
Here is my list of 8 things about me:
1. I am a graduate of LeTourneau University in Longview, TX. My hubby and I both went there as married students right after we got married in the summer of 1971!
2. So if you are good at math... #1 gave you the hint, but I am coming up on my 40th anniversary!!! Yikes!!!
3. I have lived in 9 different states and my hubby and I have moved 18 times in our 40 years of marriage!
4. I am the survivor of an extremely bad hit and run accident that left me with a broken back, shattered spleen and several other injuries. I actually almost died but God apparently wasn't done with me yet, and He answered the prayers of people all over this country, from coast to coast I was covered in prayer! I have much to be thankful for!
5. The accident did trigger a chronic pain syndrome and I have Fibromyalgia. I am not complaining though! God has blessed me in many ways and even this is something that He has used in many ways!
6. I am actually very shy, though through my various jobs I have had to learn to be an extrovert.... so I guess you'd call me a "learned extrovert".... but still shy on the inside!
7. Before I found paper crafting, I was an avid quilter and still feel the tuggings at my heart to quilt again, but papercrafts seem to have filled every nook and cranny of my house and spare time now! So to get my quilt fix... every now and then I have to make a quilt card! I love patterned paper so much because it reminds me of all that fabric I have stashed away! :)
8. My hubby and I love to take weekend drives to little towns and rural areas... we enjoy the mountains in the fall, and the coast in the spring. We love stopping in quaint little towns, visiting their shops, viewing God's glorious creation in all the beautiful scenery we see, and of course... we love finding great little coffee shops! Yes... I am a coffee-aholic!
Now I need to pass these awards on, and again I am combining them, so those mentioned can choose which award they want!
I am always inspired by these blogs, and I hope they will each accept this award in the spirit it is given.... to let them know how much I admire them and their work.
Sabrina - SJButterfly Dreams Sabrina is a DT sister whom I have come to love dearly. She is the most supportive person! She is always faithful to leave encouraging comments on everyone's blogs, and she does the most beautiful work on her own! She loves the Lord and lets her light shine everywhere she goes!
Chris - Twinkles Glow with Stamps I know Chris is very busy and might not have time to post her award but I want her to know she's on my list of most treasured people and her blog is an amazing thing to see! She is on many DTs, including two with me, and we have become real life friends as well as DT sisters. She lives near to my DMIL and so when we go "home" we meet eachother. We talk on the phone all the time and I treasure her more than words can say!
Nina - Crafting in Croatia. Nina also is a very busy and talented lady who might not be able to post her award, but I am truly inspired by Nina in so many ways! I have become a fan of her stamp designs and have bought several, and I love her classic style of cards! I love her Christian testimony and how she never misses a chance to tell of her love for her Savior.
Diane Noble - Diane's Designs. Diane and I first met when I just started blogging and she invited me to write devotional thoughts for Women to Women. I fell in love with her heart, and boy does she have talent too! She shares lots of tips and how tos on her blog and is a joy to know!
MariLynn - Mississippi McGyver MariLynn is a sweet paper crafter I first met on SCS. She always creates the neatest designs and is extremely creative.... and she loves the Lord with all her heart as well! I was so glad to see her start a blog as well!
Christine - ChristineCreations I first met Christine on SCS, and was in awe of her talent. Then we were DT sisters on Our Daily Bread designs together for a while. Christine is an extremely talented artist! She blows me away with her creations! I know she also is very busy with her DTs and her youth ministry, and might not be able to post this award, but when it comes to people who inspire me, she is high on the list!
Betty - Stamping to the Wright I first met Betty on SCS and again was in awe of her talent. I was a DT sister with her on ODBD too, and happily, she still is present with us there as she hosts the Stamping in Time Challenge every other Thursday. Betty has a unique style that I just love! She is fun too! She lives on the other end of NC and one of these days, I'd love to meet her in person!
Melisa - Paperlicious Designs I met Melisa when she came on to the Layers of Color DT. She is such an organized person and so encouraging! She has sent me several gorgeous cards in the short time I have known her and I just love her style, her wit, and her support!
I realize many of you are too busy to post these awards, but they come from my heart to you personally, and I fully understand if you can't post them.... just enjoy what they represent!
Thanks for stopping by!