Hello everyone! Happy Tuesday! Today I have a little project I made using the newly released July Our Daily Bread designs sets "Our Daily Bread" and "The Living Bread". As promised, I'm going to do a little tutorial on how I made this Scripture book, focusing on how I made the bread shaped pages. I looked everywhere for this shape in a template somewhere and could not find one, so this is how I came up with my own:
Sturdy Card Stock (I used Papertrey Vintage Cream)
Adhesive (Good Glue Stick or TomBow Multi)
Magic Matter Tool or other means to mat 1/4" onto shape
1. Fold a piece of printer paper in half and draw the shape of a half slice of bread.
2. Cut out the shape you drew and open fold. You now have a full "slice" of bread. My scripture book measures about 6" high and 6" across at the widest part of the bread. The recipe book I made is about 4.5" in both dimensions. It's up to you and what you want to fit on the pages.
3. Trace your pattern on heavy card stock making one for each page you want. (If your cardstock is not heavy you might want to do chipboard or cardboard for all your pages. I just used cardboard for my covers)
4. Cut the paper shapes and stack up to be sure they are cut the same. Clean up any little differences.
5. Using a Magic Matter Tool (which adds an even mat to any shape) trace around your paper pages onto your cardboard, adding 1/4". Cut two.
6. Cut out your cardboard covers out.
7. Trace the cardboard shapes onto cardstock and cut out. This will cover your cardboard for a finished look. If you are not using designer paper to decorate your covers, cut 4 cream or white cs. If you are decorating with designer paper, just cut 2 from cs and cut 2 from your designer paper choices.
8. With a good quality glue stick or TomBow Multi Glue, apply adhesive to cardboard.
9. Adhere card stock to each cover. If using designer paper, adhere cs to just one side of each cover and repeat process with your designer paper.
10. When adhered, trim any areas that are not exactly even using your craft blade.
11. Using a sanding block, smooth out your edges until you are satisfied with the look.
Now you are ready to decorate your pages! When finished, line up all your pages exactly together and punch holes and insert rings to hold book together. Add ribbons as desired. Here are some of my pages... I'll be adding more, which is the great thing about the rings... you can always add to your book!
Supplies Used for decorating pages:
Stamps: Our Daily Bread designs The Living Bread, Our Daily Bread, Scripture Collection 3, Scripture Collection 2, Customer Favorites Scripture Series 1
Designer Paper: BasicGrey Origins, Prima First Blush, K&CO Ancestry
Ink: Versafine Vintage Sepia, TH Distress Inks
Accessories: Spellbinder's Labels 5, 7, 11, 13, Contemporary Hearts Pendant, Nellies Multi DieCut, QuicKutz Corner Die Cut, ZVA Creative Pearls and silk flowers, MS Punch, May Arts Wrinkled Ribbon, Lace, Prima silk flower, Joy die cut scroll, Misc. pearls