Hello everyone! I hope you had a great weekend and are ready to face a new week!
Today I have something really different for me and out of my comfort zone for sure, but I'm working on that! This card is made on Clear Acetate Card Stock. It is so pretty but very difficult to photograph! I must have taken 40 takes... each one either had a reflection of me or something else in the room... or a glare from the light, etc. I finally just picked one and went with it!
I used one of the great sentiments from the Our Daily Bread Designs newly released set, Get Well, and the images from both Get Well and Thinking of You. I stamped the sentiment on GPW with Steel Blue Ink from ODBD, and cut the panel with my Nestabilities Label #1. I stamped all the swirls with Stazon Cotton White and let dry. Meantime I cut two sizes of blue card stock from my scrap box, plus two white ones for the inside and outside of the back of the card. I also cut a piece of sheer steel blue ribbon (May Arts) to fit the Clean and Simple sketch challenge today on SCS.
To layer this up and hide the adhesive from the back side of each panel, I used mini glue dots and adhered the sentiment panel to a mat of blue and adhered to the front. Directly behind that I adhered another panel in another shade of blue, cut with the next larger label #1. This created a matting from the front view, and completely hid the adhesive from the inside of the card. For the back side and the inside right of the card I did the same thing but with two white panels of the larger size. Now I have room for writing a message and signing the card, and the adhesive is hidden from the back as well. There are little blue gem stones scattered among the doodles, and also I added some Stickles to the butterflies and some of the swirls.
It is a clean and simple layout... but stamping on Acetate is different. This is the first Acetate card I've made, and I had read that you have to stamp very carefully, because it can tend to be more slippery, so I did not have a problem with that. What I did have trouble with is static cling! Dust and glitter residue, etc just leaps off the table onto the card! I tried wiping with a dryer sheet. I'm not sure if that helped or not but I was able to wipe the dust off after that so I guess it did. I'm not sure I'd want to make one of these every day! LOL! But it was fun to try it!
Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed week!