Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Two Blog Awards to pass along!
Today I am posting two special awards that were given to me. The first one comes from Lisa Lara. She is such an inspiration to me, and I am so honored to be named! Thank you Lisa!
The rules for this award are that I must list 5 things I love to do, and then pass it along to five other people.
I have many things I love to do, but here is a list of some of my favorites.
1. I love to read God's Word and talking to Him in prayer. In a world so dark, there is great comfort in knowing that He is still in control, and has won the victory! I have fibromyalgia and one of the things I deal with quite often is the inability to sleep. Those quiet night hours are wonderful times to talk to Him!
2. Spending time with my hubby and family. My hubby and I just celebrated our 38th anniversary and guess what? We still love each other! We love taking drives to pretty places, exploring new places we have never seen before, and returning to some of our favorite spots. We love the shore (what Maniac doesn't?) LOL. Of course I absolutely love it when my "kids" are here! We just have so much fun doing everything together: swimming, boating, fishing, doing crafts and playing games or doing puzzles... it doesn't matter what... just spending time together!
3. I love to do crafts, most especially paper crafts! I also love quilting and various needle work, though lately it seems like paper crafts have taken over!
4. I love to do Soduko puzzles. My hubby got me started on them, and it's lots of fun! I figure as we get older it's a good thing to keep the mind challenged a little bit. LOL!
5. I have recently been playing around with digital images and trying to make blog backgrounds. I never would have thought there would be so much fun in that, but I do love learning how to manipulate images in Adobe Elements and come up with a background that actually fit's my wide screen! LOL! My present bg is my first ever one, but I'm working on some fall ones too and it's really an enjoyable passtime!
I am passing this along to five special people who inspire me:
The second award comes from Dottie.
You are so sweet Dottie! Thanks so much!
To pick up the Circle of Friends Blog Award :
Cut and paste the award logo and use it on your own blog. Nominate at least five other bloggers you feel have become part of your circle of friends. Link to your nominees , within your blog post and include these instructions on how to pick up the award on your blog post. To show your appreciation to the person who gave you the award, link back to their blog. Finally, comment on the recipents blogs to let them know they've received the award.
I have made many new friends through blogging, and many of those friends are from my bloggers group, Ocean's 11. It's amazing how connected we can come to feel through reading each other's posts, and the comments left on our own! These ladies all inspire me and I consider them friends.
My five choices for this award: