I made this card for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #12. I started out by making my tag element. I started with a white shipping tag and sponged it with numerous Tim Holtz Distress Inks, and distressed the edges. I stamped with Archival Sepia images from Stampers Anonymous and Great Impressions. I then took a VersaMark Pen and highlighted some of the swirls, then heat embossed them with Copper embossing powder. Next I sprayed the entire tag with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Iredescent Gold, which I got from the Our Daily Bread designs store. I added a dark brown elastic ribbon that has a goldish copper thread worked into it's design.
My card base is a stiff shimmery Copper from The Paper Co. Onto that I layered some highly textured paper from Coredinations Whitewashed collection. Onto that I layered my dsp which has a very vintage feel. It is from Prima, and is called The First blush. I love this 5 x 7 pack! I did quite a bit of piercing on this card that hardly shows up in the photo. I used an Ornare edge scallop template for the lower edge of both the dsp and the Coredinations layer, and I used part of a Nestabilities Edgeability piercing template for the design on the lower Coredinations part. I used another Ornare template for the design in the upper left corner... you probably can't even make it out in this photo.... maybe on the close up?
For my stitching, I pierced where I wanted my stitches to go and hand sewed some gold cord from "On a String".
My flower is made up of 2 layers of copper and green flowers from my stash, and then 4 layers of cut outs from my Nestie's Daisy Heads set. I cut 2 from a printed dsp in the same pack, and 2 from TH Grunge paper. The grunge paper is painted with TH acrylic paint, then sponged with Adirondak ink, then sprayed with glimmer mist. I cut between each petal right into the center and curled the petals up for dimension. All 6 layers are attached with an antique bronze brad. Behind my flower I added some copper fibers and some paper curls from my paper cutter and the base card stock.
While it looks like a simple sketch, this has a lot of steps in it, mainly because of all I did to distress the tag and color the grunge paper flowers. Had I used a simple ready made flower... and stamped an image on the tag it would have gone quickly, but I just had to try my hand at a more vintage feel. I think my "comfort" level in cards is simple elegance... but I do love a little vintage and also cutesy... so it's fun to go a different look sometimes!
Thanks so much for looking and if you have read this far... kudos to you!!! Have a blessed day!